BioHorizons™ Tapered Pro Implants
Predictable, immediate results
BioHorizons Tapered Pro implants have been developed based on over 10 years of tapered implant success. The unique design elements provide a predictable solution with increased primary stability for immediate treatment, improving the capabilities of BioHorzions tapered line.
- Tapered body and aggressive threads provide primary stability
- End cutting, self-tapping thread design for controlled implant placement in challenging sites
- Reduced collar diameter preserves vital bone
- Unique Laser-Lok™ microchannels create connective tissue attachment and retain crestal bone, allowing better control of esthetic outcomes
Features of the Tapered Pro Implant System
Precision engineered Laser-Lok collar shown to promote oblique connective tissue attachment, much like a natural tooth.
45° conical internal hex connection is color-coded for quick identification and component matching.
Color-coded platform and prosthetics increase safety and makes restorative procedures fast and accurate.
Laser-Lok™: better science, better implants
Control cellular migration - control esthetic outcomes
Only the Laser-Lok surface has been shown using light microscopy, polarized light microscopy and scanning electron microscopy to also be effective for soft tissue attachment. 1,2
"There is no other implant that shows functional orientation of fibers. There is not one. This is the only one. This is so important." 3
— Dr. Edward P Allen
1. Human Histologic Evidence of a Connective Tissue Attachment to a Dental Implant. M Nevins, ML Nevins, M Camelo, JL Boyesen, DM Kim. International Journal of Periodontics Restorative Dentistry. Vol. 28, No. 2, 2008.
2. Histologic evidence of a connective tissue attachment to laser microgrooved abutments: a canine study. M Nevins, DDS, DM Kim, DDS, DMSc, SH Jun, DDS, MS, K Guze, DMD, P Schupbach, PhD, ML Nevins, DMD, MMSc. Accepted for publication: IJPRD, Vol 30, No. 3, 2010.
3. Symposium 2013 Laser-Lok highlights, Available at: Laser-Lok highlights